Stanley Dyson Wood (c.1877-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WOOD, STANLEY DYSON. Private. No 202365. 15th (Service) Battalion (1st Glasgow) Highland Light Infantry. Born Marsden. Son of James and Sarah Wood. Husband of Mary Elizabeth Wood, 11 Grange Avenue, Marsden. Employed as a weaver by Messrs Crowther, Bruce and Company, New Mills. Enlisted October 1916. Embarked for France in August, 1917. Killed in action 11.4.1918, aged 40 years. Buried BIENVILLERS MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 11, Row C, Grave 6.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private STANLEY DYSON WOOD
- regiment: Highland Light Infantry
- died: Thursday, April 11, 1918
- age: 40 years
- record ID: 266558
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #266558)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4856701)