Stanley Cooper (c.1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- COOPER, STANLEY. Private. No 62295. 2nd Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born May Street, Crosland Moor. Son of Albert E. and Lucy Ellen Cooper, 76 College Street, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield. Educated at Crosland Moor Church of England School. Attended St. Barnabas Church and Sunday School. Employed as a joinery apprentice for his father at Crosland Moor and then for Messrs Cooper and Rushworth of Greenhead Row, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 20.8.1917. Killed in action, 6.6.1918, aged 18 years Has no known grave. Commemorated on the SOISSONS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private STANLEY COOPER
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Thursday, June 6, 1918
- age: 18 years
- record ID: 725779
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #725779)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #953496)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #3