Stanley Broadbent (c.1894-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROADBENT, STANLEY. Private. No 24992. 10th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Almondbury. Only son of Albert and Louisa Broadbent, 185 Westgate, Almondbury. Employed by Messrs Dugdale Brothers, Northumberland Street, Huddersfield. Attended Almondbury Church and was the Sunday School Secretary. Was a member of the Conservative Club. Embarked for France in January, 1917. Killed in action, 20.9.1917, aged 23 years. Buried in TYNE COT CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 58, Row C, Grave 13.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private STANLEY BROADBENT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, September 20, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 462054
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #462054)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #508892)