CHURCH STREET. Golcar. Church of St John. Commissioners' Church in Lancet style. By Peter Atkinson Jnr. Built by Joseph Kaye. Chancel added 1862. Ashlar. Pitched slate roof with gable chancel. South porch. Nave lancets have diamond glazing. Tower has triple chancel. Square west tower with broach spire. Six-bay buttressed nave. Short groups of louvred lancets to bell chamber. Spire has lucarnes to four sides. Interior: Galleries, supported on octagonal piers, with panelled fronts in Canandian pine. Good oak chancel screen of 1911, pulpit of 1910, and altar and reredos finely carved. Narthex to west end separated by panelled screen. Stained glass east window dedicated 1889.