BROCKHOLES LANE (Brockholes). Church of St George. North-east/south-west Gothic revival church. 1861 with later baptistry, chancel, vestry and organ chamber. Built at expense of Miss Marianne Armitage of Honley. Deeply coursed slightly rock faced stone. Ashlar dressings. Diagonal buttressing. Slate roof with gable copings and moulded stone brackets. Five bay nave with 2-light windows with Y-tracery. Chancel, vestry and organ chamber at north-east end. North-east window is 3-light with stained glass. Baptistry at south-west end with 2-light stained glass window. Lower roof with octagonal, louvred bell turret with spire. Simple interior with oak eagle lectern and pulpit.