Spring Wood House, Geldholt

This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...


  • also known as: Springwood Hall
  • location: off Gledholt Bank & Greenhead Road, Geldholt
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: mansion

Built after 1804 with extensive grounds as a private residence for manufacturer Joseph Haigh. The house was named after the nearby Spring Wood and was demolished in the 1960s to make way for a housing estate.