Sorrow on the Land: An Account of the Inundation Occasioned by the Bursting of the Bilberry Reservoir (1852)
Sorrow on the Land: An Account of the Inundation Occasioned by the Bursting of the Bilberry Reservoir was written by "a Wesleyan Minister" and published in 1852 by J. Mason of London.
This book has been transcribed for Huddersfield Exposed and can be read online:
- The Valley of the Holme (page 7)
- The Holme Reservoirs (page 12)
- The Bursting of the Reservoir (page 17)
- First Sunday After the Flood (page 59)
- Providential Escapes (page 69)
- Public Sympathy (page 88)
- Concluding Reflections (page 92)
- Postscript (page 106)
The book is in the Public Domain, since the author is unknown and it was published more than 70 years ago.