The Smiths at Thick Hollins is listed in The Story of Meltham (1977) by Richard Orton a former licensed premises in Meltham. This is believed to have been situated at what is now 19 Thick Hollins, and was likely also known as the Oddfellows Arms which was kept by John Hinchliffe (1851 Census).
THICK HOLLINS ROAD (Thick Hollins). Nos. 19 & 21. Two weaver's houses, part of row. Early C18 origin to No. 19, predominantly early to mid C19. Hammer dressed stone. Quoins to ground and first floor of No. 19. Stone slate roof with two ashlar stacks and one brick stack. No. 19 has one four-light double chamfered window with two mullions removed and C18 doorway to ground floor. One three-light window to first floor and one four-light to second floor. No. 21 has central doorway with three-light window to each side, partly covered by recent porch. Two three-light windows to first floor, and a former ten-light window to second floor, now with centre three lights blocked.