Sir John Lister Lister-Kaye (1801-1871)
Sir John Lister-Kaye was the second Baronet of Grange.
He was born on 18 August 1801, the first son of Sir John Lister-Kaye and his wife Lady Amelia (née Grey).
He was educated at Westminster.
He married Matilda Arbuthnot, the sole heiress of George Arbuthnot, on 21 October 1824. The couple had ten children:
- Emma Lister-Kaye (1825-?)
- Lister Lister-Kaye (1827-1855) — father of John Pepys Lister-Kaye
- Rosa Lister-Kaye (1830-1925)
- Laura Lister-Kaye (1831-1924)
- Alick Lister-Kaye (1833-1874)
- Capt. Arthur Lister-Kaye (1834-1893)
- Amelia Lister-Kaye (1835-?)
- Marcia Lister-Kaye (1836-1906)
- Hastings Lister-Kaye (1836-?)
- Ada Lister-Kaye (1839-?)
He became the second Baronet of Grange on 28 February 1827. Shortly afterwards, he began selling the family's Kirkburton Estate in small lots.
Sir John Lister Lister-Kaye died on 13 April 1871 at South Kensington, London.
Since his eldest son Lister had predeceased him on 12 April 1855, the title of Baronet of Grange passed to Lister's eldest son, John Pepys Lister-Kaye.