Sir John Kaye was the second Baronet of Woodesham.
He was born circa 1641, the son of Sir John Kaye and his first wife Margaret (née Moseley).
He married Ann Lister, daughter of William Lister and his wife Catherine (née Hawksworth). The couple had three children:
He was the M.P for Yorkshire from 1685 to 1698 and from 1701 to 1706.
Sir John Kaye died on 8 August 1706 and was succeeded by his son, Arthur.
A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies of England, Ireland, and Scotland (1844) by John Burke & Sir Bernard Burke:
Sir John Kaye, M.P. for the county of York, who married Anne, daughter of William Lister, esq. of Thornton, in Craven, sister and heir of Christopher Lister, esq. and by her had issue,
- Arthur, his successor.
- George, married Dorothy, daughter and heir of Robert Savile, esq. of Bryan Royd, in Yorkshire, and had issue,
- John, who succeeded as fourth baronet.
- Robert, merchant at Leeds, died unmarried.
- George, died young.
- Catherine, married to Nicholas Roberts, esq. of Hexham.
- Anne, married to Sir Bryan Stapylton, bart. of Myton.
He died in 1706, and was succeeded by his son.