The mill was built in the 1830s.
Also to LET, for a Term of Years, the newly-erected Stone built MILL, called "Shoe Broads Mill," in Meltham, which is about 40 Feet 6 Inches long, by about 36 Feet broad, and 4 Stories high, containing 1 Willey, 2 Scribbing and 2 Carding Engines, and 2 Slubbing Billies.
The Power of the Mill is supplied by a Water Wheel, 4 Feet broad, 20 Feet diameter, and about 14 Feet of Fall, with a constant Supply of Water.
This Mill is situate about 4½ Miles from Huddersfield, with 50 Yards of the Turnpike Road from that place to Manchester.The above Property is all in excellent Condition, and will be let with or without a Number of Cottages.
By the 1850s, the mill was in the ownership of Isaac Dearnally of Netherthong, who is listed in the 1851 Census as a "woollen manufacturer employ[ing] 12 men". Dearnally placed the entire mill up for auction in January 1854.