This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: The Shipwreck Inn (1854 map)
- appears on maps: 1854 [#97], 1890 [#739], 1905 [#23]
- location on map: corner of Park Road & Moor End Road, Yew Green
- status: still exists but building is now used for a different purpose
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Huddersfield Police Court
- 27/Jan/1852 — stall-keeper Richard Morris was charged with assaulting Samuel Dearnly (beerhouse keeper of Castlegate) at the Shipwreck Inn after dispute arose between a group of English and Irish (fined £2 plus expenses or 2 months at the House of Correction)