Shepherds Arms, Cowcliffe

Details

  • location: Cowcliffe Hill Road (junction with Netheroyd Hill Road), Cowcliffe
  • status: still exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

In existence by the 1840. By the 1880s, the inn was owned by Bentley & Shaw Ltd.

Landlords and Licensees

Dates shown in parenthesis are those of the licence transfer.

  • Arthur Longbottom — by early 1880s
  • Betsy Longbottom (7 March 1883)
  • John Longbottom (by early 1890s)
  • Harriet Longbottom (4 July 1894)
  • George Henry Kendall (7 July 1897)
  • Thomas Brierley (9 November 1898)
  • Willie Warsnup (16 May 1900)
  • Johnson Armitage (29 August 1902)
  • Thomas Chafer (10 February 1904)
  • Arthur Littlewood (2 January 1907)
  • Willie Gledhill (14 February 1914)
  • John Edward Ashwell (14 May 1919)
  • Jane Elizabeth Ashwell (9 April 1924)
  • Willie Stoney (6 February 1926)[1]
  • Tedbar Tinker — by mid-1950s

Gallery

    Loading... ::::::geograph 1432196:::

Location

Notes and References

  1. Was still the licensee in 1937.