Shelley Lane End (hamlet)

The sparsely populated hamlet of Shelley Lane End was one of the two hamlets within the Township of Shelley, the other being Shelley. The hamlet was part of the Manor of Wakefield.

Boundary

The boundaries of the two hamlets (as marked on the 1854 O.S. map) are shown below, together with the adjoining hamlets and townships:

Hamlets in Shelley (c.1850).svg

The boundary of Shelley Lane End (compiled from the 1854 Ordnance Survey map) is shown below in red, with the remainder of the township of Shelley (which was the hamlet of Shelley) shaded in green.