Seth Coldwell (c.1895-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- COLDWELL, SETH. Private. No 241435. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Holmfirth. Lived with his grandfather Mr James Brooke at Towngate, Wooldale. Educated at Wooldale Board School. Attended Wooldale Wesleyan Sunday School. Employed by Crowther Brothers, woollen manufacturers, of Stanley Mills, Milnsbridge. Enlisted 16.2.1916. Reported missing, 3.9.1916, presumed killed on that date, aged 21 years. Buried MILL ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row H, Grave 8.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private COLDWELL
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, September 3, 1916
- record ID: 544069
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #544069)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #883266)