Selwyn Booth (1896-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOOTH, SELWYN. Corporal. No 241401. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Bradley 14.5.1896. Son of Mr and Mrs Booth, 47 Coal Pit Lane, Outlane. Was a chorister at St. Mary's Church, Outlane. Employed by Messrs Crowthers, Stanley Mills, Milnsbridge, prior to enlisting on 2.11.1915. Single. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Cambrai, 27.11.1917, aged 21 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal SELWYN BOOTH
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, November 27, 1917
- record ID: 1751341
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1751341)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #416566)