Secured for the Town: The Story of Huddersfield's Greenhead Park (2011) by David Griffiths
Secured for the Town: The Story of Huddersfield's Greenhead Park was written by David Griffiths and published in 2011 by the Friends of Greenhead Park.
The 66-page book covers the history of Greenhead Park, as well as the key figures involved, and is well illustrated with black & white and colour photographs.
A PDF version of the book can now be freely downloaded from the Friends of Greenhead Park web site.
Search within this book:
- Introduction: The Opening of the Park
- The 19th Century Background
- Securing the Park for the Town, 1869-81
- The Park Takes Shape, 1881-84
- A New Focus for the Town, 1884-1914
- War and Peace, 1914-24
- The Park Between the Wars: A Golden Age?
- "Do and Mend", 1940-74
- The Park Since 1974
- Last Word