This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1892 [#55]
- location on map: corner of Wickins Lane & Back Lane, Upperthong
- status: exists but under a different use
- category: school
- notes: former Sunday School
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 04 August 1983
- listing entry number 1134774
WICKENS LANE (Upperthong). Former Sunday School and School House, now used as Village Hall. Dated 1837. Hammer dressed stone. Stone slate roof with gable copings. Two ashlar stacks. Stone brackets to gutter. Single storey, 2 storeys to School House. Four round arched windows with keystone and impost blocks and glazing bars. The third window is surmounted by small pediment on rusticated ashlar piers. In tympanum is inscription. THIS SCHOOL was built by Subscription AD 1837. To right, School House has entrance and single light to ground floor, and single light to first floor. The rear elevation is the same as front but with stone porch over third bay from right.