Samuel Baggs (1892-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BAGGS, SAMUEL. Rifleman. No C/7365. 18th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Yeadon near Leeds, 14.4.1892. Son of Mr and Mrs George Henry Baggs, 344 Wakefield Road, Huddersfield. Attended Guiseley Council School. Worked as a woollen spinner for Messrs Rhodes and Brierley of Kirkburton. Enlisted 30.10.1915. Embarked for France in May, 1916. Killed in action at the Battle of Flers, 15.9.1916, aged 24 years. Buried in BULLS ROAD CEMETERY, FLERS. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row C, Grave 2.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman BAGGS
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Friday, September 15, 1916
- record ID: 193609
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #193609)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #121166)