Sam Wimpenny (c.1886-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WIMPENNY, SAM. Lance Corporal. No 31251. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of Joseph Wimpenny, 43 Off Chapel Street, Berry Brow, Huddersfield. Employed by Messrs Taylor and Littlewood, Newsome Mills. Was a member of Berry Brow Conservative Club. Enlisted March 1918. Embarked for France in August, 1918. Killed in action, 10.10.1917, aged 31 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING..
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial; Messrs. Taylor and Littlewood, Newsome Mills.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal SAM WIMPENNY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, October 10, 1917
- record ID: 875411