Shown on the 1890 map as a property with gardens, it was the former residence of surveyor & architect John Henry Abbey.
The property had become the Lockwood and Salford Liberal Club by 1905.
SWAN LANE (West Side). Lockwood. Lockwood and Salford Liberal Club. Hammer dressed stone. Pitched stone slate roof. Two storeys. Three 4-light stone mullioned windows on 1st floor, and one on ground floor. One bipartite and one tripartite sash on ground floor.