Rowland Norcliffe Haigh (c.1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, ROWLAND NORCLIFFE. Private. No 202522. 1st Battalion The Royal Scots Fusiliers. Born Stainland, Halifax. Son of Mr and Mrs Joe Haigh, 14 Francis Street, Milnsbridge. Employed as a night feeder by Messrs Job Thomas and Son Limited, Woodland Mills, Longwood. Enlisted 6.10.1916. Served in France until March, 1918, when he was invalided home with trench fever. Returned to France on 2.5.1918. Killed in action, 5.6.1918. Has no known grave. Commemorated LOOS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Beestonley Lane Providence Chapel, Stainland; St. Andrew's Church Stainland.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ROWLAND HAIGH
- regiment: Royal Scots Fusiliers
- died: Wednesday, June 5, 1918
- record ID: 1764426
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1764426)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1515922)