Rose and Crown Hotel, Kirkgate, Huddersfield
- location: Kirk Gate, Huddersfield
- listed in: Baines (1822)
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The Rose & Crown was in existence by the 1760s and is shown on George Redmonds' reproduction of the 1820 Plan of Huddersfield.
The premises — which combined a public house and a separate dram shop with a connecting inner door — was demolished in 1884 following the cancellation of its licence at the Brewster Sessions of 1883. The reason for the cancellation was partly due to recent convictions but mostly due to the magistrates agreeing that the premises was surplus to requirements. Gas fitter Frank Reynolds (aged 30) was convicted of stealing a piece of lead pipe valued at £1 from the inn as it was in the process of being pulled down and was sentenced to nine months' imprisonment.
The Palace Theatre music hall was then built on the site.
Huddersfield Police Court
- 05/July/1851 — landlord George Reid charged with being open outside of lawful hours (dismissed on payment of expenses)