Roland White Roebuck (1889-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROEBUCK, ROLAND WHITE. Private. No 4873. 7th Battalion Gordon Highlanders. Born Shepley. Son of Allen and Isabella Roebuck, 65 Whitehead Lane, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield. Attended Shepley Parish Church. Was a member of the Shepley Oddfellows Club and the Shepley and New Mill football clubs. He was also a member of the Scholes Cricket Club. Employed as a pattern weaver by Messrs Wallace and Company, Bradford. Enlisted 7.12.1915. Embarked for France in July, 1916. Wounded 18.11.1916. Died of wounds at No 13 General Hospital on 24.11.1916, aged 27 years. Buried BOULOGNE EASTERN CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 8, Row D, Grave 198.
- ROH:- Shepley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ROLAND WHITE ROEBUCK
- regiment: Gordon Highlanders
- died: Friday, November 24, 1916
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 45513
- If Somebody Remembers Me! Men from the Village of Shepley who Served in the Great War (2014) by Geoff Peel
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #45513)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3803896)