This page is part of an ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHAW, ROGER RYAN. Private. No 62882. 25th Battalion Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 36288 York and Lancaster Regiment. Born Kirkburton. Son of Robert Beeley Shaw and Mary Elizabeth Shaw of Low Gate, Kirkburton. Employed by Mr Allen Battye, bootmaker, of Shepley. Died at a Casualty Clearing Station of compression of the skull on 20.9.1918, aged 21. Buried St. VENANT COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row A, Grave 16.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton; commemorated on headstone in Kirkburton Cemetery.
- Brother of Private WILLIAM PERCY SHAW who died on 8.1.1919.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ROGER RYAN SHAW
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Friday, September 20, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 287923