Robinson's Fold, Chapel Street, Moldgreen
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#44], 1890 [#764], 1892 [#89], 1905 [#47]
- location: off Chapel Street, Moldgreen
- status: no longer exists
- category: fold
- notes: about 11 properties surrounding a yard
Discovering Old Huddersfield
Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
Just after the fork into Kilner Bank, the plot of land on the left was called Robinson's Fold. An old gatepost and a few bricks and worked stones partly buried in the undergrowth are all that is left of a dozen or so small houses that stood in the Fold and, here and there, a few raspberry canes and one or two fruit trees survive from their gardens. Over the Fold there is an attractive view beyond Wakefield Road of the heavily wooded slopes rising to the high ground at Almondbury and Newsome.