Robert Sinclair Holland (c.1892-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOLLAND, ROBERT SINCLAIR. Private. No 4729. 'A' Company, 1/5th Battalion Seaforth Highlanders. Born 1 Peel's Yard, Kirkgate, Huddersfield. 23.2.1882. Son of the late Arthur and Anne Holland. Lived Whitestone Lane, Hillhouse. Educated Huddersfield Parish Church School and St. John's Church of England School. Employed at Hillhouse Sidings and later in a torpedo factory in Gourock, Scotland. Single. Enlisted, 28.12.1915, after special permission was granted from the Admiralty. Died of gunshot wounds to the abdomen at No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, 15.11.1916, aged 24 years. Buried VARENNES MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row E, Grave 62.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ROBERT SINCLAIR HOLLAND
- regiment: Seaforth Highlanders
- died: Wednesday, November 15, 1916
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 73120
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #73120)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1930797)