Robert Owen (c.1892-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- OWEN, ROBERT. Corporal. No 290108. 7th Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers. Born Llanymynech, Montgomery. Son of Paul M. Owen and Caroline F. Owen, 10 Upper Grange, Marsden. Employed as a teamer by Mr Albert Schofield of Marsden. Enlisted at the outbreak of the war. Went to the Dardenelles in August 1915. On the 10.8.1915 he received a bullet wound in the right arm and his right knee got torn by shrapnel. Invalided home to England, where he was treated at the Royal Southern Hospital, Liverpool. He was drafted out to Egypt in the first week of 1917. Killed in action during the Battle of Gaza, Palestine, 26.3.1917, 24 years. Buried GAZA WAR CEMETERY, PALESTINE. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row C, Grave 8.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal OWEN
- regiment: Royal Welsh Fusiliers
- died: Monday, March 26, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 650995
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #650995)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3354271)