Robert Francis Pearson (c.1882-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PEARSON, ROBERT FRANCIS. Private. No 260047. 2nd Battalion York and Lancaster Regiment. Formerly No 1325 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Newtown, Leeds. Youngest son of Mr and Mrs Thomas Pearson, Spring Grove Buildings, Linthwaite. Husband of H. Pearson, 19a Hoylehouse, Linthwaite. Employed by the Colne Valley Spinning Company, Linthwaite. Had served in the old Militia and joined the local Territorial battalion two years before the outbreak of the war. He embarked for France as a Lance Corporal in the Duke of Wellington's Regiment but was transferred to the York and Lancaster Regiment when he arrived in France at Easter, 1917. Killed in action, 28.6.1917, aged 34 years. Buried PHILOSOPHE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row S, Grave 17.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private PEARSON
- regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment
- died: Thursday, June 28, 1917
- record ID: 67867
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #67867)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3454550)