Rising Sun, Crosland Hill, Lockwood
- location: 25 Crosland Hill Road, Lockwood
- status: still exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
Although there is a story that the licensee of this house sponsored the opening of the Swan at Lockwood in 1797 no evidence has been found to support this. In fact, the Brewster Session Returns held at the Archives at Wakefield make no mention of any name that could be related to either of these inns in that period of time. Also, a thorough search of the census returns, 1841, for Crosland Hill shows that neither inn nor even beerseller was to be found in the village. It was in 1847 that Martha Bray appears as a beerseller. Recently widowed, in 1841 her husband was listed as a stone mason. The licence passed to John Armitage in 1857 and to Henry Crowther between 1858 and 1862. From then until 1890 Elliot Bates was licensee. Taken over by Marsland’s Brewery in 1893, through mergers the house is now owned by Wilsons.