Ridgemount was built in 1922-3 by Joseph Berry & Sons, Architects, for Ralph Murgatroyd. Joseph Berry was an admirer of Edgar Wood who built the adjacent Briarcourt (Listed Grade II). Hammer dressed stone. Ashlar dressings. Pitched stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Some gables, coped and linked by low parapet. Mullioned and transomed windows, chamfered. Broad canted bay at east end. Parapeted. Porch with crenellated parapet and door with cornices, leaded lights and ornamental Arts and Crafts cast iron hinges. Various Arts and Crafts rainwater heads and junction boxes with embossed ornament. Interior. Hall has Jacobethan wainscotting and moulded plaster ceiling with arabesque ornament. Main south-east room has more elaborate wainscotting, with ornamented panelled pilasters, dentilled cornice, and many panels carved with arabesque ornament: chimneypiece flanked by Tuscan colonnettes, and overmantel with applied Ionic balusters: particularly elaborate brass fingerplates and spirally fluted door handles.