Richard Cyril Jones (1897-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- JONES, RICHARD CYRIL. Private. No 8032. 7th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Newtown, Montgomery, North Wales, 27.10.1897. Son of Mr and Mrs William Henry Jones, 19 Ivy Street, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield. Educated at Penygllodfa Council School, Newtown. Employed as a woollen piecer. Enlisted 11.8.1914. Killed in action during the Battle of the Somme, 7.10.1916. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private CYRIL JONES
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Saturday, October 7, 1916
- record ID: 796591
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #796591)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #4