This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1890 [#759]
- location on map: off King Street, Huddersfield
- listed in: Baines (1822)
- status: probably exists
- category: yard (Old Yards of Huddersfield reference: #45)
Named after wine merchant William Rhodes (c.1778-?) of Clough House, whose black beer brewery was situated at 8 King Street. One of William's sons, William Brook Rhodes (1805-1851), died in May 1851 from head injuries sustained when he was thrown from his horse.
Notes and References
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (17/May/1851).