The Rev. Alfred William Johnson Keely was the Vicar of St. Paul's Church, Huddersfield, from 1894 to 1917.
He was born in Woodthorpe, Nottinghamshire, in 1854, the son of Thomas Middleton Keely and his wife Elizabeth Catherine (née Wyer).
He studied at St. John's College, Cambridge in the 1870s, graduating in 1877.
He became the Senior Curate at St. Paul's Church, Huddersfield, in 1892. He then served as the Vicar of St. Paul's from 1894 to 1917, overseeing the building of new Day and Sunday Schools (opened January 1907).
By 1901, he was boarding at 37 Sprint Street, Huddersfield, where he gave his occupation as "Clergyman (Ch. of England)" in the Census. He was still living there at the time of the 1911 Census.
His final service at St. Paul's took place on 29 July 1917. He then married Aimée Geraldine Greenwood, daughter of factory inspector Frederick Greenwood of Edgerton Lodge, on 14 August 1917 at St. Barnabas, Kensington, London.
He served as the Rector of Orlingsbury, Northants, from 1917 to 1922 before moving to the Gloucestershire diocese.
The Rev. Alfred William Johnson Keely died on 5 April 1939 in Gloucestershire, aged 84, and was buried at Holy Trinity Church, Minchinhampton.
Aimée Geraldine Keely died in 1949, aged 83.