Reginald Marsden Kinder (c.1898-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KINDER, REGINALD MARSDEN. Private. No 44510. 8th Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment. Born New Mill, Holmfirth. Son of Mr and Mrs W. Kinder, Mount Pleasant, Hade Edge. Attended Townhead Sunday School, Dunford Bridge. Employed at Washpit Mills. Enlisted February 1918. Embarked for France in March, 1918. Reported missing, presumed killed, 5.4.1918, aged 19 years. Buried GOMMECOURT BRITISH CEMETERY No 2. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row D, Grave 9.
- ROH:- Hade Edge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private KINDER
- regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- died: Friday, April 5, 1918
- record ID: 590163
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #590163)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2268088)