This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#375]
- location on map: between Spring Street & Spring Place, Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: yard
Named after the Primitive Methodist chapel that once stood between Spring Street and Spring Place which was demolished in the 1840s to allow for Springwood Street to be laid out. The yard had disappeared by the 1890s.
Notes and References
- ↑ The replacement chapel was built on Northumberland Street.
- ↑ Springwood Street followed the line of Springwood Tunnel and helped to ensure heavy buildings weren't constructed over the tunnel.