Railway Hotel, Moor End Road, Lockwood
- also known as: Blue Bell, Shipwreck Inn (1854 map)
- location: corner of Park Road & Moor End Road, Yew Green
- status: still exists but building is now used for a different purpose
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Huddersfield Police Court
- 27/Jan/1852 — stall-keeper Richard Morris was charged with assaulting Samuel Dearnly (beerhouse keeper of Castlegate) at the Shipwreck Inn after dispute arose between a group of English and Irish (fined £2 plus expenses or 2 months at the House of Correction)
The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
Traced back to 1837 but possibly older, the first recorded licensee of the BLUE BELL was Nathaniel Cooke. The name was changed to SHIPWRECK in 1848 when John Crow obtained the premises. In 1858 the house was bought by John Ashton and in 1861 he changed the title to RAILWAY (Another house of this name had existed in the area between 1853 and 1857). Purchased by Seth Seniors around 1900 this inn is still open and in the ownership of Bass. In common with most early pubs, the building was converted from a dwelling house and having escaped rebuilding, the Railway is today probably the oldest pub building in the area.