QUEEN STREET (East Side). Arts Centre, including dwarf wall enclosing Queen's Square (formerly listed as Queen Street Chapel). 1819. Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel. Ashlar. Pitched slate roof. Two storeys. Six ranges of sashes with marginal glazing bars, those on 1st floor round-arched and set in concentric recessed panels row of blind oblong panels at mezzanine level. Central 1st floor Venetian window, with blind balustrade (vase-shaped balusters), Ionic columns, dentilled transom and fanlight, in tetrastyle Roman Doric porch. Blind parapet with moulded cornice and pediment over central five bays, with oval oculis in tympanum. Flanking bays of one window range each, 1st floor windows as others, and doors with fielded panels, fanlights, moulded surrounds and segmental pediments. Plaque inscribed "The Wesleyan Chapel MDCCCXIX". Queen's Square paved with stone flags. Dwarf wall in front with cast iron railings which have both spear and vase finials. Three pairs of gate piers with panelled sides, moulded tops, and fluted urn finials. Interior. Some good neo-classical monuments; especially that to George Wilson (died 1837), signed by Walsh and Dunbar of Leeds, and those to the Rev Mark Day (died 1823), Timothy Bentley of Lockwood (died 1830), and Mary Carr (died 1832), all signed by W Williams.