Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
The building adjoining the left hand side of the Arcade was once the Queen Hotel where, in 1891, a meeting of local cricketers led to the formation of the Huddersfield and District Cricket League. The league was made up of ten clubs: Armitage Bridge, Cliffe End, Golcar, Huddersfield United, Holmfirth, Lascelles Hall, Linthwaite, Lockwood, Meltham Mills and Slaithwaite.
IMPERIAL ARCADE Units 1 to 4 (consec) Imperial Court (formerly listed as No 31 (former Queen Hotel under Market Street)). Early C19. What is now the rear was formerly the front elevation of the Queen Hotel, Market Street. Ashlar. Hipped stone slate roof. 3 storeys. Stone brackets to gutter. 10 ranges of sashes. The 6 rust northerly on the 1st floor have a continuous balcony with an ornamental cast iron balustrade. Modern panelled door in original opening. Trabeated archway to Queen Tap Yard, with stone setts underneath. Segment-headed archway with plain impost blocks to Imperial Arcade: cast iron gates, ramped upwards towards centre. Front to Imperial Arcade was formerly the rear. 8 ranges of sashes on 1st and 2nd floors: modern shop fronts.