Queen's Arms, Netherthong

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: Town Gate, Netherthong
  • status: exists but under a different use
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
  • notes: now Queen's Cottage

The Queen's Arms Inn public house was recommended for closure in 1936 under the terms of the Licensing (Consolidation) Act of 1910.

Licensees, Landlords and Publicans

  • J. Bates — by 1843
  • Sarah Gill — prior to 1858
  • Jonas Woodhead — from July 1858
  • Thomas Woodhouse — 1871 Census
  • Ann Woodhouse — by 1873 (widow of Thomas)
  • Noah Woodhead — by 1876
  • Joe Hoyle — by 1879
  • Richard Russell — prior to 1900
  • Fred Charlesworth — from October 1900
  • George Senior — prior to WW1 (his son Ben was killed in action)

Location