This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#481], 1890 [#570]
- location on map: Northumberland Street, with entrance on Chapel Street (now Primitive Street), Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: church or chapel (with "seats for 400")
The foundation stone was laid on 2 April 1847 by John North Esq. of New House, followed by an addressed given by the Rev. John Verity of Barnsley. The congregation's former place of worship was the Spring Street Primitive Methodist Chapel, which was to be demolished "for the purposes of the new railways".
Notes and References
- ↑ "Huddersfield: A New Chapel" in Leeds Intelligencer (10/April 1847).