This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1892 [#61]
- location on map: Marsh Road, Scholes
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
- notes: now Scholes Methodist Church
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 04 August 1983
- listing entry number 1313583
MARSH ROAD (Scholes). Scholes Methodist Chapel. Dated 1860. Hammer dressed stone. Rusticated quoins. Stone slate roof with gable copings. Three bay gable frontage by 4 bays. Central doorway with architrave and moulded cornice on simple capitals to door surround. Single light to each side with round arch with keystone and impost blocks. Glazing may be of later date. Plaque over doorway reads: "PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL ERECTED MDCCCLX WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED".