Primitive Methodist Chapel, Marsh Road, Scholes
- appears on maps: 1892 [#61]
- location on map: Marsh Road, Scholes
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
Built in 1860 at a cost of around £260 and opened in March 1861. The chapel was later extended and is now Scholes Methodist Church.
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 04 August 1983
- listing entry number 1313583
MARSH ROAD (Scholes). Scholes Methodist Chapel. Dated 1860. Hammer dressed stone. Rusticated quoins. Stone slate roof with gable copings. Three bay gable frontage by 4 bays. Central doorway with architrave and moulded cornice on simple capitals to door surround. Single light to each side with round arch with keystone and impost blocks. Glazing may be of later date. Plaque over doorway reads: "PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL ERECTED MDCCCLX WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED".
- Chapels and Churches of the New Mill Valley (2009) by Pamela Cooksey (pages 54-64)
Notes and References
- Chapels and Churches of the New Mill Valley (2009) by Pamela Cooksey.