Pinfolds were enclosures where stray animals were impounded by a person known as a "pinder", who would then be responsible for feeding the animal. The owner was required to pay a levy or fine before the animal could be released.
If it went unclaimed, the pinder was allowed to sell the animal to cover their costs.
Pages in category ‘Pinfolds’
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Pinfold, Carr Lane, Austonley
- Pinfold, Hill House, Cartworth
- Pinfold, Ings Bridge, Holme
- Pinfold, Intake Road, Slaithwaite
- Pinfold, Kirkheaton
- Pinfold, Leeds Road, Huddersfield
- Pinfold, New Mill, Fulstone
- Pinfold, Park Head Lane, Upperthong
- Pinfold, Pinfold Lane, Lepton
- Pinfold, Pinfold Lane, Scammonden
- Pinfold, Stocks Moor Lane, Stocksmoor
- Pinfold, Wooldale Road, Wooldale