Philip J. Hill (c.1896-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HILL, PHILIP J. Sergeant. No 64374. 135th Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Huddersfield. Elder son of Mr J. J. Hill, 175 Bradford Road, Huddersfield. Prior to enlistment, was employed by Messrs Crowther Brothers, of Stanley Mills, Milnsbridge. Enlisted 19.8.1916. Died of illness, 3.7.1917, aged 21 years. Buried FAUBOURG D'AMIENS CEMETERY, ARRAS. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row J, Grave 19.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant HILL
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Tuesday, July 3, 1917
- record ID: 284421
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #284421)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1878057)