Philip Edward Holdsworth (1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOLDSWORTH, PHILIP EDWARD. Private. No 601. 2nd Battalion Machine Gun Corps, Australian Infantry, Australian Imperial Force. Born 'Austerfield', 102 Somerset Road, Huddersfield, 8.5.1891. Son of Tom and Harriet Holdsworth. Educated Moldgreen Council School. Emigrated to Australia in 1912. Employed as a farmer. Lived St. Edmund's Farm, Cecil Street, Gordon, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Reported missing, presumed killed, at Passchendaele, 10.10.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Paul's Methodist Church, Dalton; Almondbury War Memorial; memorial in Almondbury Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private PHILIP EDWARD HOLDSWORTH
- regiment: Australian Machine Gun Corps
- died: Wednesday, October 10, 1917
- record ID: 924264