Philip Ahier (1887-1975)
Huddersfield Exposed is keen to make contact with surviving relatives of Philip Ahier. If you are a relative, please get in touch.
Philip Ahier was a noted local historian.
He was born on 18 April 1887 at St. Helier on Jersey, the only son of Philippe Ahier and his wife, Jane Le Brun. He became a teacher and taught in Plymouth before moving to Yorkshire in 1914, where he became a respected local historian.
He retired to Jersey in 1950, where he died in 1975.
- Studies in Local Topography (1933-35) by Philip Ahier
- The History and Topography of South Crosland, Armitage Bridge and Netherton (1938) by Philip Ahier
- The Legends and Traditions of Huddersfield and Its District (1940s) by Philip Ahier
- The Story of Castle Hill, Huddersfield, Throughout the Centuries: B.C. 200 - A.D. 1945 (1946) by Philip Ahier
- The Story of the Three Parish Churches of St. Peter the Apostle, Huddersfield (1948-50) by Philip Ahier
Notes and References
- "Thespian Changes" in Leeds Mercury (09/Apr/1929).
- Published in five parts.
- Originally conceived as a two-part publication, the second part was never completed.
- Published in nine parts, with the final three covering the Elland Feud.
- Published in three parts.