Peter Galvin (c.1880-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GALVIN, PETER. Private. No 14404. 8th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born 10 Swallow Street, Huddersfield. Educated St. Patrick's Roman Catholic School, Huddersfield. Employed as a chemical labourer by Messrs Read, Holliday and Sons. Married, with three children. Lived at 3 Holdroyd's Yard, Storths, Moldgreen. Had served in the Dardenelles. Died in Alexandria, Egypt, of pneumonia, 19.10.1915. Buried CHATBY WAR MEMORIAL CEMETERY, ALEXANDRIA, EGYPT.Grave location:- Plot F, Grave 26.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GALVIN
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, October 19, 1915
- record ID: 108822
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #108822)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1291476)