Peter Farrell (c.1886-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FARRELL, PETER, DCM. Sergeant. No 353034. 2/9th Battalion Manchester Regiment. Lived 29 Rosemary Lane, Huddersfield. Married, with three children. Employed at British Dyes Limited. Enlisted December 1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, 9.10.1917, aged 31 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant PETER FARRELL
- regiment: Manchester Regiment
- died: Tuesday, October 9, 1917
- age: 31 years
- record ID: 1631627
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1631627)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1201901)