Peter Critchley (c.1897-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CRITCHLEY, PETER. Private. No 4124. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Mrs Henry of Lockwood's Yard, Duke Street, Huddersfield. Attended St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church, New North Road, Huddersfield. Worked at Turnbridge coalpit. Single. Enlisted May, 1915, and after 12 months training embarked for France. Had been there about seven weeks when he was killed on 3.7.1916, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private PETER CRITCHLEY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, July 3, 1916
- record ID: 757508
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #757508)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1020111)