Percy Taylor (c.1898-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TAYLOR, PERCY. Private. No 204164. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Fourth son of Mrs Atkinson, 3 Hanginroyd, Wellhouse, Golcar. Employed as a fettler by Messrs John Lockwood and Sons Limited, Milnsbridge. Was a member of the Wellhouse Liberal Club and of the Slaithwaite United Harriers. Attended the Wellhouse United Methodist Sunday School. Enlisted September, 1916, and embarked for France on 28.12.1916. Killed in action, 7.8.1917, aged 19 years. Buried COXYDE MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row E, Grave 28.
- Brother of Private FRED TAYLOR died of wounds, 7.6.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private TAYLOR
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, August 7, 1917
- record ID: 90475
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #90475)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5448313)